Friday, June 12, 2009

Some interesting Colours

I'm not a big fan of the Bold Brights... I'm sure everyone of my customers know that it's basically Earth Elements or nothing!! (not quite but nearly sometimes!!) SO when Kristina posted her
#54 Colour Inspiration it was certainly one that i wondered whether i should bother entering!!! But hey isn't that what these things are all about, stretching you colour pallet and creating something that you otherwise would NEVER do??!!?? NEVER!!
So i gave it a whirl!! I do need to be honest and say that every time i don't get into the top 15 i feel a little dis-heartened BUT i pick myself up and try again!!! It is a goal of mine to be picked one day, however in saying that sometimes she has up to 180 (or more) people enter so i shouldn't feel too bad...do you think??!!?? I can usually pick the winners too, i look at, at least half ( i do have a family to care for..he he) and always leave comments on my fav's mentioning that I'm sure they'll make it to top 15 and YEP they ALWAYS do!!! SO why then if i can pick them not create one myself.... this is the question I've been asking myself whilst sitting to create this...
(am i rambling?? Sorry I'm nearly done)
Well with out further ado here it is

I'm so happy with it!!! YAY! Zeke even came in towards the end and helped me decide where to put the greeting. WOW I'm really happy with it, and who would have thought... GREEN GALOUR of ALL colours. Needless to say it's a great choice of colour and i had a blast making them work in this card!
Here's a closer view as some of the circles are raised, and note that cool tread in the buttons, learnt that at convention this year (think it was Sarah Klass!! Love her things) just use some thin card stock then you always have ribbon to match your creation.


Well whatever happens with this one and the "competition" it's all good, bring on the next I'm in for the Challenge!!!
Smiles Sharnee :0)

Define Your Life card

Set: Circle Circus and Life Definitions
Ink: Pumpkin pie, Green galore & Taken with Teal
Card stock: Green galore, Taken with teal and Whisper white
Acc: Scallop edge punch, Rub-on's, corner rounder punch, crop-a-dile, assorted circle punches, button's and ribbon (both retired)

13 comments:

Kim J. said...

Love these colors with Circle Circus!

Sarah Klass said...

Ooh, I used Circle Circus and the 'thread' thing for this challenge too!

Great minds.... :-)

S x

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sharnee.. you've done a GREAT job with the colours and your card. I think there were a few people squinting their eyes and turning up their noses at doing this challenge... but I think, we've all coped with it rather well... don't you? hahaha

Sarah
x

Carol Dunstan said...

another great minds think alike card ;) Love how you have put this together

Anonymous said...

Cute card. I really like the circles and they work nicely with these colors.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! You are sooo clever!! : )
xx
Sarah

Savitri said...

You did a great job with the colors!!! I love the circles. Very clever indeed!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun circles, ribbon and scallops. Fabulous job on the color combo!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Brenda said...

Love what you've done with this set! I'm a little jealous because I'm still waiting on my circle circus set to come. Great job with the challenge!

Winter said...

So cute! Love all the circles!

Dawn said...

Ooohhh...I'm so jealous! I can't wait until my Circle Circus stamp set arrives! Wonderful job on the challenge, I'm rooting for you to make to the Top Ten. Thanks for the kind comments, and yep, I hand drew in the stems. Love those Prisma Color pencils.

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card. I think you are way too hard on yourself!

Heather

Jessica said...

LOVE it!!! The circles are soo neat and it's very catching to the eye!