Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Embellish Stripes Colour Challenge

I'm so excited that I got to join in the Embellish Magazine challenge again!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the colours when I saw them and the idea to work with strips is really groovy and something I would not usually do.
Don't you just love that blouse?? And that dress and... well I love that amazing suitcase seat thingy too!! The stripey paper (seen in the swatch samples above) has just been released from the amazingly talented Ashley Cannon Newell, called Embellish strips by A New Design (click HERE for her great blog!)
My thoughts were to use ribbon for my stripes and sewing too. I really enjoy sewing on my cards, it's just the setting up of the machine that sometimes seems too hard! (all I need to do is take off the cover and plug it in, this after I've cleared away ALL the monstrosity that accumulates on top!! he he)
So here is my card...As you know I'm quite partial to little birds and kraft is such a groovy colour to work with( like the twine has a sort of krafty colour to it, don't you think!??!!) Anyway it's a must to have in your crafty collection!! Have you ever used it??
I'm really happy with the end result, especially how lovely the bird looks in that frame!
Thanks for popping by, have a SUPER AUSTRALIA DAY!!!
Smiles Sharnee :0)

Strips & Birds & things
Set: Bird on a branch & Frames with a flourish
Ink: Elegant eggplant and Chocolate chip
Card: Kraft & Whisper white
Acc: Taffeta kraft ribbon, twine, elegant eggplant grosgrain ribbon, wide double stitched c.c ribbon and sewing machine

7 comments:

The Stampin Cupboard said...

LOVE IT!!! thats great. I always look at your cards with the sewing on tehm and think I really should get my machine out but like you say sometimes it seems too hard.
Hope you have an Awesome Australia day with your family. I know I will.
xxx

Sophie said...

Hot colours! I totally love the purple, so rich! Your card is beautiful (As always!) love the use of twine! You amaze me xxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the colours in this and how you've sewn all those strips of ribbon. Make a mental note to self - Must use my sewing machine more for cards! Just about to purchase, Frames with a Flourish. A couple of your last examples have tempted me to put an order in!!

Ruby said...

Love the way you've used the ribbon on your card and that bird looks really elegant. I must get a sewing machine, the effect is great! :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Sharnee. You are so clever xx

Mariana Grigsby said...

You are right! The bird looks fabulous! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love your take on the stripes! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!