Sunday, November 9, 2014

CASE-ing the Catty : Colour challenge #14


 
We are up to our last challenge for the year at CASE-ing the Catty! Yeap, challenge #15 will be next year, just in time for the super Sale-a-Bration!!! (wow that will be FUN!)
 
So Bron has organized a colour challenge for our last one, taking colours from the groovy Washi tape on page 28. I have to admit that these colours all together when in MY HANDS just weren't working like I waned!!! GRRRRR, but that's why they call it a challenge so with only 3 of the colours I CASED the sketch of the card which is also on page 28 (that Visions of Santa's cool card!!)

I have a few new goodies... YAY! Like the Star framelits, 25 days stamp set, Many Merry Stars and the Hello December Project Life Accessory Pack Washi tape... LOVE .... both of these available in the Extra special Christmas brochure.

Ohh and when my eyes spotted the little golden star clip on the Tree Christmas card (page 24) I HAD to get some of those too!! (Basic Hodge Clips $11.95)

When I asked my children what they thought of the card they said
"It's a great Male 25th birthday card Mum, good colours and the stars are cool too!!"
They were quite surprised when I told them it was actually a Christmas card..... Oh well!! I like how it turned out!! Hope you can join with us for our final challenge for the year,

1 comment:

Lisa Babitz said...

You did a great job with this challenge! The colors you had to work with are not traditional Christmas colors, but your elements and that ribbon are perfect. I love the gold star clip on your layered star! I personally find color challenges just that - really challenging, but I am always amazed at how great the colors look when the card is finally done. One would never know you struggled with this; I love how your card turned out!!! (And I knew it was a Christmas card right away; the "25" gave it away!)