Friday, September 21, 2012

Baby Shower Invites

At the end of last month I co-hosted a baby shower for my sister's first baby due in mid October. I wanted to make an invite that was classy and not screaming the typical "baby" colours. My sister loves things more plain too so I had some "rules" I was following.
I find making large numbers of cards (or invites) quite easy, once of course you've got your template. Then it's just a matter of getting each element ready and putting it all together.


I used the now retired invitation set, the rattle from Button Buddies and the Baby tag greeting from the Tiny tag set ( a must in any collection!!) The colours I ended up with were early espresso, crumb cake and very vanilla.
Here is the end result which Sarah absolutely LOVED! It's sooo nice to be pregnant with her, sharing the joy of "growing" together!!
I've been having a wonderful holiday time (being school holidays) and hope to pop in again soon to share some of what I've been making! Until then I hope that you're having plenty of craft time....

1 comment:

Frances said...

Veering away from the usual baby colors is exactly what set these baby shower invitations apart from the usual ones as it delivers a more personalized touch to it.