Wednesday, September 11, 2013

JUST ADD INK #181

Quickly I'm here to show you my card I did with the fabbo colours of the JAI challenge! I needed a card for a boy's birthday, a 10 year old in fact!! So with the Happy BIG day stamp (which seemed very appopriate) the fun stars and rolled DSP candle, I was pretty happy with how it came together!!
(though you will notice I've slipped in another colour there with the gumball green candle...... allowed?!?!?
Maybe, maybe not.......)
  
 I embossed the strips and then sanded over it with the great Co-ordinates cardstock!!! A must in your collection!!! Such a cool combo!!! Thanks ladies!! Had fun with this one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great boys card - I love the sanding on the embossed section of the card - very effective and perfect for a boys card. Chantell JAI

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

What a fun Birthday card!!!
I think the green candle is a nice addition but may be a stretch for the colour combo this week :)

Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Mae's Cachet said...

Sharnee this is a lovely card and I especially like your rolled candle it really stands out on the card, sending birthday wishes. Thanks for playing with our colour challenge this week at Just Add Ink. xxx

Paula Dobson said...

What a cool card for a young boy! Love the rolled candle. How do you roll it without crinkling the DSP? I always do!! Glad you could join in the challenge this week ♥

Christine Blain said...

This is a fabulous milestone birthday card, Sharnee - such fun. Glad you could play along with our challenge, even if you stretched it a bit and threw in an extra colour! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

KimB said...

Hey Sharnee, thanks for that fabbo comment it really made me smile - great way to start the weekend :) Love the sanded stripes you added to this, and I must admit that green candle does add a great pop of colour. Have a lovely weekend! xxx