Sunday, September 8, 2013

Perfectly Rustics challenge #6 - Brayer

 
This time at the Perfectly Rustics challenge blog we are seeing what brayer techniques you can do on your projects!!! It's a tricky one to be sure, but after all it's meant to be a challenge!!
I struggled a bit to get an idea of what to do........ even looked around the web for some inspiration..... but in the end I went with what I know and that is to create a lovely background for a card I needed for a special friend who just celebrated her 1st anniversary of being a SU demonstrator!!! It's actually Jayne (co-design team member) who I made this card for!!

I used Garden green, wild wasabi and then Marina mist and Pacific point to create the background. Then added some of the gorgeous grunge stamps around the outside, the Backyard basics orchid for the inside and lastly a greeting from the hostess set called Express Yourself.
I love using the framelets as a frame, the one featured on my card is from Apothecary accents.
So there you have it!! I hope to one day try some more brayer techniques, like perhaps the bouncing brayer.... How about you? Have you ever used a brayer!!?? We look forward to seeing what you come up with! Until then,

2 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Just gorgeous, Sharnee. Love that you used a die to frame the main scene.

Paula Dobson said...

I don't know how I missed this challenge, but I would have had some stiff competition with this lovely card Sharnee. It's gorgeous!!