Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Just Add Ink challenge #228 and Sketch n' scrap #63


It's been a while since I've joined in on some challenges and as my calander was DESPERATELY needing an August page (I know it's taken me till the 23rd to get one for it!!!!) I jumped in on a really challenging colour combo at Just Add Ink and a sketch at Sketch n scrap!! I've found if you want to get some crafting done quickly that turning to challenges is a great way to start!!
 

 
Kim has often commented on how wonderful the sketches are at Sketch n scrap and this sketch was lots of fun to work! The colours however at JAI were tricky to work with (even though I really liked them) Hey that's why they call it a challenge and with the amazing inspiration the ladies provided I knew I could work with them somehow!!! Now I look at it finished I'm thrilled with the end result and LOVE this page of Esther dressing up!!

I really like the stripes of the DSP (moonlight paper stack) with the stripes of Esther's dress and the way I've been able to have LOADS of fun with a black marker (the Project Life journal pen) with drawing and frames! After all she is dressing up as Mrs Squiggle!!
Did you know you can draw directly onto photo's and it basically dries instantly!! I'm really happy with how it's turned out and will most certainly be doing that again!!

I even asked Esther to draw something and she decided to do Mr Squiggles HAT! CUTE!! I made the Mossy Meadow card stock look like a blackboard and she used the chalk pen to draw with!
The bunting is in the Calypso coral with some red sponged on it finished with a button.
That's about it. So with only 5 more days left of August at least I FINALLY got there!! I should probably start working on my September page now!! hee hee

13 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

This is just to precious! I love the story behind the layout, love the colors and love the doodling! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Anonymous said...

Very cute page - I love the addition of Esther's drawing of Mr Squiggles HAT! Very precious. Love all the little banners - this is a great LO. Chantel JAI

Kelly said...

Oh what a super ADORABLE take on the sketch! Love all the pen work and the photo is just precious! Great idea to have her add her own drawing! Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap! :)

Patrice said...

Esther is adorable! This is such a great page Sharnee - well done incorporating these colours. Thanks for joining the challenge fun at Just Add Ink this week.

M said...

Love your cute layout. Thanks for joining us at SketchNScrap! :)

Christine Blain said...

Sharnee, this (and Esther!) is gorgeous! All the white space works so well with the bold colours. Great, innovative, 'blackboard' look on the Mossy Meadow card, and I just love all the interesting elements on your page. Great job! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Kerry said...

How perfectly awesome to not only include the photo of your daughter's creativity but getting her to add more directly to the page! Great doodling too! Thanks for sharing your wonderful page with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Darcy said...

Perfect doodling! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch ~N~ Scrap!

Marie-Christine Denis Mixed Média said...

Beautiful creation!!!! Thanks to joining us at sketch N Scrap!!!!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful and fun LO. Love that cute pic. WTG! Thanks for playing along with us at
Sketch N Scrap!

Susan Renshaw said...

Brilliant nose!!Love the layout... Thanks for sharing with SNS!

Unknown said...

Love it! Thank you for joining us over at Sketch 'n' Scrap!

Wendy said...

Esther is adorable! I truly love how you incorporated her work into the layout! I also enjoyed your tip about the pen and the photos! I am always a little nervous to draw on my photos but I really like what you have done and I just might take that leap of faith! I am thrilled that you were able to join us at Sketch N Scrap this month!