Saturday, February 21, 2009

My FIRST Colour Inspiration Challenge

One of my FAV sites to go and visit is the lovely and very talented Kristina Werner. Every week she has these AMAZING Colour Inspiration Challenges which any one can enter. Of course you can use these great colour combo's for your own personal projects, but now that i have a blog i was so excited to think that i could actually enter. The amount of entries that she receives is really quite outstanding, and such an inspiration in itself, so now it's my turn! YAY!!

The Colours that Kristina used for Colour Inspiration Challenge #42 are:
Really Rust, More Mustard, Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White.
I needed to use Old olive to replace the Kiwi Kiss, I'm sure that will be one of our "in colours" when the new cat comes out in APRIL! :0)
I used bleach to create the background! What a cool technique!! I made the flower piece at Amanda's one night when we were playing around, it was sooooo much fun!!
Here's my card...


Stamp set: Spring Solicitude
Ink: More Mustard, Really Rust & Old Olive
(
I used markers for the bird and branch)
Card stock: More Mustard, Really Rust and Whispe
r White
Acc: Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon, Scallop punch, 1 3/8" circle punch and bleach (to create background)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

You rocked this color challenge!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

Sweet card! Glad you could join us for the challenge!