Thursday, November 19, 2009

{Sharnee's} 12 Days of Christmas {day 10}

A few weeks ago I posted a picture of a gorgeous tag set in a box that I'd made. I asked then if anyone wanted step-by-step instructions on how to make it for yourself, because as far as I know there are none out there yet...
The idea is from Stampin. Up! and I first saw it at a training night that I attended in Hobart. Due to the fact that I'm a picture girl needing step by step instructions myself to make anything (hence why I LOVE split coasters!!) I'm pretty impressed that I worked it out all by my little self!!! (and that's with a pregnant brain!! he he!)

So here is my Tag Box Set.



Cut a piece of cardstock 6" x 6" square.
Score all sides at 1".




Cut up sides of scoring to create flaps to make your box sides.



With another piece of cardstock (can use just A4 size here) cut 2 pieces 6" long x 4" wide.
Then score each one at 2", 3" & 4" (across the length of the cardstock)
1} Turn- at the 2" mark (half) on the first piece cut down to the top scoring line, then move blade and cut up to the bottom scoring line.
2} Second piece cut through the middle score lines at 2" also. See picture.
Then fold along scoring lines to make a triangle pop up from the middle.
(at this point you will want to trim just a little of both the sides of your insert pieces so they fit nicely into the box)



Now you need to slide #1 down into the cut of #2, note you will need to wiggle it in a little but when you've done it, it will all make sense!!

Stick some strip into the bottom of your box and adhere your divider piece inside.




Your box is now complete and ready for the tags!! (how did you go, were my instructions clear?)


Here are the tags that I made again using the Winter Post set! I've also used the wonderful square punch and the Scallop Square punch (which you can earn for FREE at the moment with our Gift giving guide!!) I put them on the Ski slope DSP with dimensional's and then punched a hole using the Crop-a-dile in each one.
Then all you do is put some co-ordinating ribbon in the last section for whom ever you're giving it to, to make their own tags! I used Real red grosgrain ribbon, twine and old olive organza (sorry this one's retired!) Wrap it up with some clear cellophane, add a big bright ribbon and your very snazzy present is complete!!!
I'd love to hear if any of you give it a go, I know that you will be happy with the end product and the person who receives it will be soooo impressed, it'll be awesome!!!

Until tomorrow, have a super Thursday eve, I know I'm in for a treat as I do some scrap-booking with my dear friends Teresa and Jan!!
Smiles and Hugs
Sharnee :0)

Tag Gift set
Set: Winter Post
Ink: Baja breeze, Real red, Chocolate chip & Old olive
Card: Old olive & Whisper white
Acc: Label punch, Square punch, Scallop Square punch, real red ribbon, twine, Stripped Ridding hood red ribbon, crop-a-dile and real red marker.

2 comments:

The Stampin Cupboard said...

Thank heaps Sharnee for posting this. I love the idea of them and think it makes a lovely gift. I can't wait to make some of these myself, if only I had a spare few mins to let my mind run wild.....

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Thanks heaps for sharing this as the instructions won't be out until the last Regional, which is this weekend I think. If I get a chance to try this out, I'll let you know. What a fantastic gift this will make. Very inventive Sharnee. XXOX Loved the last one you did too!