Wednesday, November 4, 2009

sweet sunday sketch challenge #42

I am really enjoying these wonderful sketch challenges!! To think that they scared me when I first started, but now I look forward to the it, wondering what I'll come up with and always having fun with the unique layouts!!
Well this one from the lovely Karen- the sweetest thing is super gorgeous!! I really love it!! It's crying for vintage/elegance and with that I turned to my Favourite set Friends 24-7. Oh how I love this set, the flourish especially always gets me excited!! How stunning does it look on the grey....OHHH it's really lovely!!
I even had a little play with my picture today and included some of the stamps that I used. All in the name of fun :0)
So here it is....So LOVE this set!! (I'm sure I've already mentioned that but I really DO!!) To do the bird I Rock n' Rolled it, that's when you stamp it in a light colour and then roll the stamp over a darker colour, you can tell that the head of the bird and the tail are darker! Cool HEY!
Just before I go you MUST check out Art with Heart by Claire Daly. She is doing 12 days of Christmas and WOW her stunning projects will get you EXCITED for sure!! I know I am, to the point that I've been thinking I'd do the same for you lovely ladies who regularly visit my site!! Stay tuned!!
Have a fabulous night
Smiles Sharnee :0)

For YOU
Set: Friends 24-7
Card: Perfect plum, Basic grey, Very vanilla & Mellow moss
Ink: Perfect plum, Mellow moss, Basic grey & Versamark
Acc: Basic grey marker, Dimensional's, Eyelet border punch & Filigree brads

2 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I agree that the stamp set is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colours that you put together for this challenge.

Traveling Mama said...

This is absolutely beautiful! So elegant and classy! I was looking for the card you were asking about and then I realized that I pulled the photo for publication! Duh! I'm such a dork! LOL! Did you have a question about it that I might answer?