Friday, January 24, 2014

Once Upon a.... Sketch January (with an origami bow)


This is nearly the end of my holiday projects, but there are other things that demand my attention now...... so I got to put together another scrapbook page, this time of my sweet little Esther only 2 years ago..... time doesn't stop hey!?
I came across this blog Once Upon a Sketch while looking for sketch's the other week and loved the layout and the journalling challenge. I do seem to struggle with journalling, especially if I haven't thought about where I'm going to in-corporate it into my page, then when I do add it I feel it's "wrecked" my page!! Ummm so certainly something to work on!
So here is my page (I've flipped the sketch to the opposite side!)

I also saw on another blog I follow THIS fabbo idea to add a bow to your project, so add a bow I did!! It's a bit tricky with DSP as it's thicker but I'm really happy with the end result and would like to add it to more projects!!
Here are some other close ups of the page
 
 

Lastly it was suggested that you could have "lesson learnt" in the journalling, so I've talked about the messy issue we have every year when it's raspberry season! Sooo much fun and so, sooo sweet!!
Hope you like my take of the sketch, thanks heaps for popping by!

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

So glad you found our OUAS challeng blog! That bow is fabulous & I looove how you've used the raspberry coloured cardstock, too!!! Yep, journaling can get tricky, but you can always hide it behind the photo or on the back, as well...I like how you've placed it here for this LO, though:):) If you like, you can also link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

squoodger said...

Awesome Layout and have to say how cute the bow looks :)
luv Renee