Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Paper Players #177: Chalkboard challenge


With the fun I've had crafting the last few days I've had a wonderful opportunity to play along with some challenges!! This one at The Paper Players is all about the chalkboard technique!! LOVE THAT TECH!! SO I was in! Here is my take on the challenge with a birthday card I'll be needing next month (YAY super organized!!)

I've made my card a matchbook card! It's really fun to do something different with your cards, mix it up a little!! Hey new Year, new way of making cards!!

I really LOVE the island indigo ribbon, so with some sweet buttons and a hot air balloon (gotta love those) a birthday greeting stamped on some vellum (also gotta love that!) the card was complete!!
Oh and I did the inside too!! Another thing for the New YEar (at least while I'm on holidays!! hee he!)
Hope you like my take on the challenge! It was fun to play along!! Thanks ladies for the inspiration,

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Gorgeous card, Sharnee. I must get around to doing this technique!

Kim Butterworth said...

Love the grey, blue and white. Very stylish. I like that you have done the inside as well.

Nance Leedy said...

What a gorgeous card Sharnee! I love that you used the chalkboard technique to make a shabby chic and elegant creation. The colors are wonderful and I love the little details you added. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!!

stampwithsandy said...

A chalkboard matchbook, how clever and I love it! This technique looks great on gray card stock, and I love that little hot air balloon stamp. The Paper Players, Sharnee!